Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote recorded slideshow export to Quicktime - no audio

I have read a plethora of similar issues with users dating back to 2008. Why can't Apple get it together and fix this!

I spent almost 60 hours building, narrating and editing a Keynote presentation only to find that when I export the file to Quicktime, the audio isn't included. Its a silent film, which defeats the purpose of using this software. Is there a reasonable work around?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 9, 2017 9:08 PM

5 replies

Jul 10, 2017 10:02 AM in response to Kitemedic

No issues here of that nature using the current version, there were some Quicktime issues with early versions of 6.

What is the Mac OS and exact Keynote version is being used?

When setting up a presentation for Recorded Slideshow, ensure you use the following settings:

Inspector > Document > Document; in the Presentation Type dropdown menu, select: Normal

select all the slides then; Inspector > Animation > Transitions > in the Start Transition dropdown menu, select: On Click

Jul 10, 2017 6:06 PM in response to Kitemedic

Praise Bill Gates I found a solution!

I exported the Keynote presentation to Powerpoint, embedded the audio, then exported to MP4.

Problem solved.

Apple, once again you fall short of your grandiose claims. For one of your programs failing to work seamlessly with another is shameful..

May the ghost of Steve Jobs shatt on your desks.

No regards,

Selling the Macbook

Jul 11, 2017 12:03 AM in response to Kitemedic

I have no issues with Keynote 6.2.2 exporting a recorded slideshow to Quicktime. There are no recorded instances of Keynote 6 having this issue with users as longs the correct settings are used.

You have not confirmed you are using the required settings to export to Quicktime as described earlier, if you are not using Normal and On click, expect problems.

Dec 2, 2017 7:28 AM in response to Kitemedic

I have this same situation and was concerned when I read your question. Unlike you, I did not spend 60 hours before trying to make it work.

I was, however, able to do just what I wanted. I used "Play/Record slideshow" (narrating as I went along) and then saved it. The file now has the original presentation and the recorded version in the Keynote file. The test came when I then used "File/Export to Quicktime" and it passed the test! When playing the presentation back in Quicktime, the presentation AND the audio were there!

I imagine that if this was an involved presentation with voice overs and music, a much more sophisticated program like Adobe Audition or Logic Pro should be used, but for my application it worked fine.

Keynote recorded slideshow export to Quicktime - no audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.