Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set WhatsApp as my default messaging app.

Hello,

Once I open a contact's profile,can I press the messaging icon to directly go through their WhatsApp. I rarely use SMS.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Jul 10, 2017 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2017 10:51 AM

Press and hold on the messaging icon at the top of their contact, and you should get a menu of messaging options.

Select Whatsapp if available. Should be if the number in the contact is the same as the full whatsapp contact number.

The Messaging icon will change to read Whatsapp instead of Message, and you can then use it directly to go to the Whatsapp chat for that person.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2017 10:51 AM in response to AhmedFayaa

Press and hold on the messaging icon at the top of their contact, and you should get a menu of messaging options.

Select Whatsapp if available. Should be if the number in the contact is the same as the full whatsapp contact number.

The Messaging icon will change to read Whatsapp instead of Message, and you can then use it directly to go to the Whatsapp chat for that person.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Set WhatsApp as my default messaging app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.