Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch face falling off

Surprise my watch is out of warranty and the face is falling off. I did not damage the watch I was driving for a couple of hours and my arm was in the sun that is all that happened. I am being told I have to pay a fee of 235.00 to get my watch fixed, that amount is almost what I paid for the watch that has no other damage done to it. I have been goggling this issue and it is happening a lot is Apple going to do anything about the adhesive that is being used to hold these watched together. It is a lot of money to spend for a watch that has lasted a little over a year.

Apple Watch Sport 38mm (1st Gen), iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Jul 11, 2017 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2017 9:38 AM

Hi

Contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your Apple Watch to be inspected and to establish your available service options:

Apple Watch Service Answer Center - Apple Support

(Note that you are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community).

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2017 9:38 AM in response to Vgregs29

Hi

Contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your Apple Watch to be inspected and to establish your available service options:

Apple Watch Service Answer Center - Apple Support

(Note that you are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community).

Aug 15, 2017 7:55 PM in response to Vgregs29

Happened to me last week too. 1st generation watches were recently covered by an extended warranty for faces coming off due to battery expansion. Took mine to the Apple store today and, while mine's off warranty, they knew exactly what the problem was and sent it off to get fixed w/o charge. He said that most of the time it's because of using a non-Apple charger or equivalent that charges less than 5W, low wattage causes the battery to expand and pop the face off. He looked at my battery and yes, it was deformed. Got home and realized my charger wasn't as good as I thought it was. He said mine was odd because usually the adhesive is so strong the battery cracks the face first, but mine was still intact because there was poor adhesion.

Apple Watch face falling off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.