Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't remove device from icloud

Recently, Apple replaced my iphone 6s. Phone died, Geek Squad diagnosed bad logic board, they removed SIM card, gave me a loaner, sent broken phone to Apple. Find my phone was turned off online before phone was sent to Apple. Apple sends back new/refurbished phone (different serial #), put my SIM card back in it, I restored from backup and went on my way. Odd things happened: couldn't use Apple Pay anymore (won't delete card, won't add card), home security system notifications weren't working (even though I turned notifications on and off, triple checked, etc). Found that the old/broken phone is still showing up in icloud, as active/signed in, and I can't delete it. I've talked with AppleCare and they are stumped as well. Am working with a rep to fix, but no luck so far.

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Jul 11, 2017 11:24 AM

4 replies

Jul 11, 2017 11:33 AM in response to zinacef

I have tried to delete from my device, from icloud.com and from appleid.apple.com. AppleCare rep mirrored my screen and watched as device either wouldn't delete at all, or would delete and then reappear on refresh. From icloud.com I get an error message that the device cannot be deleted. From appleid.apple.com, it deletes, but reappears.

Can't remove device from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.