Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The iTunes Store is unable to process purchases at this time"

Whenever I try to update my apps in the app store, I get a pop up that says: "The iTunes Store is unable to process purchases at this time"

The apple servers seem to be working fine. I've tried logging into an out of both my App Store account and my iCloud account, and power cycling the phone, to no avail. This problem does not seem to effect new purchases, but I get the message when I try to re download old purchases, or when I try to update queued updates in the app store. Software version is 10.3.2.

Any solutions or troubleshooting you might be able to offer, I'l take them -- this is super annoying!! Thanks.

Posted on Jul 11, 2017 1:14 PM

8 replies

Jul 12, 2017 5:05 AM in response to dfdevlin

Hi,

i have / had this problem and message too. (latest iOS and iphone SE and ipad mini 4) It started 2 weeks ago. On my iphone with app updates or repeated downloads of apps. Ipad updates worked. All devices use the same apple id.

I tried everything suggested in "If you can't connect to the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store - Apple Support" and more. What i haven't tried yet is resetting the itunes/app store cache by touching one of the bottom icons for 10 times. Will try that next time.

What worked was a download of one update using cellular data (disabled wifi on iphone / mobile hotspot for ipad via iphone). After that the error was also gone for my wifi. All seemed fine.

Today the error returned and i had it on both devices. Again downloading one update using cellular data worked and the error is gone for wifi, too. I wonder for how long?!

When googling, there are only few with that error. What might be special here is, that i have a old apple id ending on @me.com. Don't know if that could cause errors. My wifes iphone SE (family sharing) is not affected, by the way.

Kind regards,

Matthl

Jul 13, 2017 9:46 PM in response to dfdevlin

I am also having this problem currently. The strange thing is, for the past week or two it has been happening solely on my iPad mini. However this evening, the same error message popped up on my iPhone as well. In total, our household has 3 iPads, 2 iPhones, an iPod, an Apple Watch and an iMac, and until today the only device affected has been the mini. However I am more concerned now that the problem has potentially spread to my iPhone. 😠😕

I have also attempted all of the suggestions thus far.

"The iTunes Store is unable to process purchases at this time"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.