Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime connects to random person

On two occasions, my wife has called me and instead been connected to a stranger. My phone number has not changed, nor have I recently changed my Apple ID.

She's being connected to a random stranger (i.e. she's not accidentally dialing a different contact). On both occasions, she was connected to the same stranger.

In this case, my wife was calling me from her iPhone and I tried to answer on my iPhone. In the prior case I can't recall what devices we were using.

It doesn't seem to happen every time. For obvious reasons, I don't want to try to replicate the error.

So, I guess my question is: what's going on? I'm computer savvy enough to know this a profoundly weird an unlikely error. If it wasn't my wife, I wouldn't actually believe it happened. But, based on other messages, I don't seem to be the only person this has happened to.

Macbook

Posted on Jul 11, 2017 7:37 PM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2017 7:50 PM in response to mbarron2896

So, I guess my question is: what's going on? I'm computer savvy enough to know this a profoundly weird an unlikely error. If it wasn't my wife, I wouldn't actually believe it happened. But, based on other messages, I don't seem to be the only person this has happened to.

Please provide a link to that other person.

Might be a glitch with the carrier (your phone number) have you contacted them?

Did she FaceTime you using the contacts app?

FaceTime connects to random person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.