Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover open tabs after deleting browser data and history

Just followed the instructions of a standard support guy who asked me to delete my browser history and data of Safari on my iPhone.

The one thing I didn't expect was that all my tabs were closed, which doesn't happen with other web browsers on my computer. As the average guy I am, I have A LOT of tabs open for later occasions.

So I would like to recover these tabs that I had open before I wiped the whole browser data and history.

Please tell me there is a way to recover them. Can I recover the iPhone backup? Does the browser history come along?

Why does clearing my browser history close my tabs?...

Why is there no recycle bin for the browser history? 🙂

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Jul 12, 2017 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2017 1:58 PM

Do you have a computer backup made before you cleared the history?

Quit the application.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select LibrarySafari. Enter your backup and restore the history db files.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2017 1:58 PM in response to Pandara96

Do you have a computer backup made before you cleared the history?

Quit the application.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select LibrarySafari. Enter your backup and restore the history db files.

Recover open tabs after deleting browser data and history

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.