Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iTunes Store is unable to process purchases at this time. Please try again later

The last week or so I have been getting the following message when

I try to update apps through iTunes on my Mac.

"The iTunes Store is unable to process purchases at this time. Please

try again later"

Checking status of the iTunes store via Apple - Support - System Status

shows the iTunes store is "up" but I am still unable to download my app

updates. Reinstalling iTunes didn't help. Trying again a day later MAY

work. I have not experienced this problem until recently and now it seems

to be quite pervasive. What is the problem with iTunes store server?

Posted on Jul 12, 2017 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2017 2:56 AM

I had this problem too, but at the same time I was able to make new purchases from App Store.

When using cellular connection everything was ok, but only for smaller updates from App Store.

My AirPort Extreme had DNS 1 = 8.8.8.8 and DNS 2 = 8.8.4.4.

I changed DNS 2 to a DNS by my ISP and voila 🙂

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2017 2:56 AM in response to David Guevara

I had this problem too, but at the same time I was able to make new purchases from App Store.

When using cellular connection everything was ok, but only for smaller updates from App Store.

My AirPort Extreme had DNS 1 = 8.8.8.8 and DNS 2 = 8.8.4.4.

I changed DNS 2 to a DNS by my ISP and voila 🙂

Feb 15, 2018 3:02 PM in response to David Guevara

Ever since Apple removed the ability to download updates in iTunes I've been experiencing this behavior.

Apple has assumed everyone has hi-speed internet.

I have several devices with apps on them that need to be periodically updated. iTunes 12.6.3.6 still allows app updates whereas the newer version does not, forcing multiple downloads of the same app update.

Being able to manage apps on each device, and downloading updates into one location/app once then updating many devices was very convenient in my low-bandwidth area.

Please reinstitute the feature, Apple.

And please figure out and correct this "The iTunes Store is unable to process purchases at this time." error.

Mar 27, 2018 1:29 PM in response to David Guevara

I do have the same problem, not only on my MAC but also on my iPhone and AppleTV, Service status says that everything ok. Even more annoying is that my mothers iPad works like a charm even though it's linked to the same Family Account.

Further testing

Logged out of iTunes and iCloud on my iPhone and Mac

Rebooted both devices

The internet is working properly (as you can see, I was able to send this reply)

I was about to format my iPhone but all my devices with this problem I rather not it would mean to format all my devices and with possibly no results

EDIT

I now see that Apple is reporting some problems with iTunes services. I believe that will be solved soon

Apr 24, 2018 2:19 PM in response to David Guevara

This is the second time I have gotten this also. The first time I had to log out of everything on my phone, which disconnects your Apple Pay and a lot of your connected services. You have to readd your cards and everything.

THIS IS NOT A SUSTAINABLE SOLUTION and I AM NOT GOING TO DO THIS AGAIN. Apple, figure it out, get it fixed and please see that over a thousand people are seeing this. Beyond ridiculous that we have to deal with glitches like this consistently and they are not fixed.

The iTunes Store is unable to process purchases at this time. Please try again later

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.