Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reoccurring iPhone calendar notification

I can't get rid of a notification for a response to a calendar invitation that can't be sent. The notification reoccurs on my iPhone after I open almost every app. I can't even identify what meeting it is referring to. The notification states:

"Calendar Invitation

Your response to the invitation cannot be sent."

Then there is an "OK" button to dismiss the notification. However, the notification keeps popping up. How do I identify which response it is referring to so that I can delete it. I've tried looking in my mail outbox, but there are no emails.

iPhone 6s Plus 10.3.2

Message was edited by: jasonfromlafayette

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10.3.2, null

Posted on Jul 13, 2017 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2018 2:10 AM

OK, finally found the solution. As calendar doesn't have the outbox, and the message gets stuck "failed to send", this message just sits in the inbox of the calendar. Even if the message is acknowledged, it has no effect.

Assumption:

iOS ver: 11.2.2

Solution:

Open Settings> Accounts & Passwords

Select the account that is causing this issue (Outlook, gmail, Exchange etc).

- Turn off "calendar" for this account. System will display a message as "Are you sure you want to continue? All exchange* calendars will be removed from your phone".

- Select option - Delete from My Phone

Note: all calendar invites will be deleted. Notifications will disappear 🙂.

Again turn on "calendar" for the account. All your invites will be synced back and restored.

Problem solved!

31 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2018 2:10 AM in response to jasonfromlafayette

OK, finally found the solution. As calendar doesn't have the outbox, and the message gets stuck "failed to send", this message just sits in the inbox of the calendar. Even if the message is acknowledged, it has no effect.

Assumption:

iOS ver: 11.2.2

Solution:

Open Settings> Accounts & Passwords

Select the account that is causing this issue (Outlook, gmail, Exchange etc).

- Turn off "calendar" for this account. System will display a message as "Are you sure you want to continue? All exchange* calendars will be removed from your phone".

- Select option - Delete from My Phone

Note: all calendar invites will be deleted. Notifications will disappear 🙂.

Again turn on "calendar" for the account. All your invites will be synced back and restored.

Problem solved!

Oct 17, 2017 6:08 AM in response to nickkay

I use my phone for business so I have a ton of meetings in "replied". It would take me better than a day to go through them and since they are connected to client I cannot delete them . Many of them are recurring on a bi-weekly baiss. There must be a way of identifying the offending calendar entry without having to go through each one.

Jul 14, 2017 5:39 AM in response to jasonfromlafayette

Hi Jason,

I understand that you previously responded to a calendar event, but the response is unable to be sent and you continue to get the notification for this. I'm happy to provide some help with this issue.

For this issue, I recommend that we turn any calendar accounts off and on again. To do this, open Settings > Calendar > Accounts. Choose any accounts here that you use your Calendar with and turn Calendar off and then on again.

Once you've done this, restart your iPhone before testing it again:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Oct 7, 2017 4:18 AM in response to i_rina

Hi I_rina:

I have an Apple 6+ with the same problem. I went to Settings - Calendar - and then to default calendar as there is no "accounts" heading. I shifted from one default calendar to another and then back to the exchange calendar that I use and then rebooted. Same problem.

I then went to Settings - Accounts and thought that maybe I would turn the Exchange Calendar off and then on but when I do that it says that it will delete all the entries from my phone which I do not want.

Can you please help me? Thanks!

reoccurring iPhone calendar notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.