Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have received several recorded phone calls from caller identified as Apple Store indicating that my cloud acct was breached and to call a designated number. Is this legit or a scam?

I have received several recorded phone calls from caller identified as Apple Store indicating that my cloud acct was breached and to call a designated number. Is this legit or a scam?

Posted on Jul 13, 2017 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2017 2:19 PM

There is a Contact Support link at the top of every page here. This support document will allow you to find contact information for your location. Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

And Apple does not monitor this site for information. This is a user to user support site. Apple does not call people to solicit service.

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2017 2:19 PM in response to llevin

There is a Contact Support link at the top of every page here. This support document will allow you to find contact information for your location. Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

And Apple does not monitor this site for information. This is a user to user support site. Apple does not call people to solicit service.

Jul 22, 2017 2:56 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thank you!

On 2017-07-22 15:19, Apple Support Communities Updates wrote:

Apple Support Communities

CHRISJ4203 has posted in the iCloud on my iOS device community.

To post a reply, go to the discussion in Communities.

You are receiving this email from Communities. You can change your email preferences in your Communities Profile . Please expect a slight delay in visibility of points awarded.

TM and copyright (c) 2017 Apple Inc. 1 Infinite Loop, MS 96-DM. Cupertino, CA 95014.

All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Apple Support

Links:

Jul 22, 2017 11:07 AM in response to patty582

I received a similar call today. I suspect it is a scam. I can't find a phone number for Apple Support to check this out. Hopefully they monitor this site.The call came from 855-581-4600 (at least that was the number on my caller ID). I believe they gave a different 800 number to call back, but I didn't get it in time.

Aug 13, 2017 8:11 AM in response to patty582

I received a call today identified as "Apple" on my home phone, in a very robotic voice indicated that there was a breach in my iCloud account. He/She gave an 800 number to contact (didn't write it down), which i did not do. I got on here to Apple Support to check it out and felt relieved to see numerous other inquiries.

My conclusion: SCAM to separate you from your private info and your $$

Oct 14, 2017 10:53 PM in response to patty582

Same deal here. A call from a "408" area code. CallerID says "Apple." My iCloud was supposedly breached. I kept the guy on the line for 30 minutes to prevent him from making more calls. He said Apple sent him my name, address and phone number, but no details on my Apple account or devices. I said, "Congratulations! You have a phone book. Now leave me alone."

Feb 6, 2018 9:09 AM in response to patty582

I have received 18 calls since yesterday afternoon, 15 calls yesterday PM and 2 this AM. I have also received an E mail from apple saying my password had been used to make a purchase. I do not have a credit account set up with Apple. How do zi stop these calls from bothering me. My provider is ATT. Thanks. MS

Mar 19, 2018 7:51 AM in response to juliaprietom

I got a late message on my land line answering machine that said "Your account has been compromised, please don't use ANY of yor apple devices until I call 1-866-254-8860."

Of course I didn't call BUT, my iPad is acting weird now (some apps freezing). My iPhone 6 plus is SLOOOOOW, and runs hot, and drains way faster than usual, and my iMac is SLOOOOOW too.

And my Fitbit suddenly won't charge or synch with my iMac anymore, nor will it even turn back on after my last attempt to charge it via my computer.

I have no clue how to fix all this.

May 1, 2018 6:26 AM in response to patty582

I have experienced same. One call last week. Then 3 in one day today. Definitely scam calls. I do not own an Apple device, although I do have an Apple ID and account. Each call came from a different number:

Caller ID display said "Apple, Inc" on 2 calls.

On one call, the Caller ID read "Winnetka, CA"

Robo voice informed me that my iCloud account had been breached.

I was given the option to choose to speak right then to tech support. I did not respond and hung up.

I called Apple Support today to report the calls. Representative confirmed these were fraudulent calls. Recommended that I leave comments here, along with the phone #'s.

[Personal Information Edited by Host]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.