Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone use OneDrive to backup files, Contacts, Photos

I recently bought an Iphone and changed from my Windows Mobile devices. I was using Android prior. Today, I received a message that something called, Icloud, has storage almost full. I checked and saw I was inadvertently backing up files to this service. (I'm assuming it is an Apple service?) I went into the settings and deleted it. Question, however, is how do I ensure all my files, photos, and settings are backed up to OneDrive For Business. We have this setup and I have 2TB of storage on OD4B. Also, it is encrypted and approved for our corporate use.

Any ideas?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Jul 13, 2017 11:16 AM

6 replies

Jul 14, 2017 4:27 PM in response to LACAllen

Thank you for your reply.

I actually already checked. Not sure how it would be a MS question, since this is an Iphone not a Windows Mobile device. I already know how to setup OD and OD4B to be my backup on Windows as well as use OD for my photos.

The setting should be here

User uploaded file

It says I'm using something called, Icloud but I don't want to. I have no idea how to access that storage and already have everything on OneDrive.

Aug 2, 2017 4:16 PM in response to perfectreign

*sigh*

I was asking how not to use Icloud on my Iphone and how to use OneDrive or OD4B instead. Obviously my question is falling on deaf ears.

And you keep asking that here. In an Apple community. Even though the device is Apple, the support for how to use your OneDrive app belongs to Microsoft.

Deaf ears? Wrong ears. Would you ask the Ford Truck Users group about engine maintenance procedures on a Chevy Truck?

I gave you a link to a Microsoft resource on this almost 3 weeks ago.

User uploaded file

Jul 14, 2017 4:33 PM in response to perfectreign

Not sure how it would be a MS question, since this is an Iphone not a Windows Mobile device.

I'm quite clear on this.

The setting should be here

Not really. Microsoft will provide a way to configure their storage option. It will be, if available, in some other dialog, not combined with Apple's iCloud options.

You clearly have something configured to use iCloud.

If you tap on the MANAGE STORAGE link for iCloud, you will see what is using iCloud storage.

Aug 2, 2017 3:06 PM in response to LACAllen

*sigh*

I was asking how not to use Icloud on my Iphone and how to use OneDrive or OD4B instead. Obviously my question is falling on deaf ears.

I did put in an insider feedback request to Microsoft for this option. It was so easy on my 950xl and on my Elite X3 but I guess I sacrifice a bit going to Apple. (Unfortunately the apps I need run on Iphone not Windows Mobile.)

Now on to figure out how to enable driving mode on my Iphone so Siri will read my texts when I'm driving.

Sep 19, 2017 5:10 AM in response to LACAllen

I think he's asking the question here because Apple integrates with Twitter and Facebook, you would think it would integrate with other backup solutions. But I suppose not if they directly compete with an Apple line such as paid storage.

Yes the OneDrive app allows you to upload things from iOS, but integration to be the backup solution of the device falls on an Apple-Microsoft partnership. And if it existed would certainly be an appropriate topic for an Apple discussion board. Unfortunately it doesn't exist and hopefully the OP understands that now.

I will never pay for overlapping services if there is any way to avoid it. I have an office 365 Business account for email, productivity and offsite storage. I'd like to make use of that from my phone as well and I am certainly not going to pay Apple for storage I'm already paying for elsewhere. Nor will I switch as the other product is more critical for my needs.

Iphone use OneDrive to backup files, Contacts, Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.