Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Call Quality/ Dropping calls

I have owned an iPhone 7 128gb through Verizon since October. Since I have owned the phone I have experienced poor call quality, dropped calls and intermittent loss of LTE in areas where my iPhone 6 had no issues. Is this a known issue with iPhone 7 and what, if any, are the fixes? It seems to have gotten worse over the past few months.

Thanks

iPhone 7, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Jul 13, 2017 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2017 8:56 PM

hi JBlackmon1634,

not really a "known" issue i would say, but it certainly seems like a cellular carrier issue.

If you can't make or recieve calls

i would contact your carrier and see about trying out a new SIM for the device.

11 replies

Aug 22, 2017 9:47 AM in response to JBlackmon1634

I have also had this issue in the last few months, and while it may be a carrier issue, signal strength during these intermittent drop outs and call quality issues is usually around 2 bars. I've also had issues with data loss with 2 bars and full LTE, and I live in AT&Ts hometown of Atlanta. It doesn't make any sense.

I have a terrible time making any phone calls from my home. Either way I am considering breaking with both AT&T and Apple if this issue continues, it's bad for my business.

Aug 22, 2017 1:16 PM in response to JBlackmon1634

I have been having the same issue with my iPhone 7 on AT&T, so I don't believe it's a carrier issue. I'm constantly dropping calls. And every once in awhile show " no service". I've changed the SIM card. I have also done soft resets & reset network settings many times. The software is up-to-date. It is getting worse. I didn't have this issue with the iPhone 6S. I hope there's a fix for it soon.

Nov 3, 2017 3:17 AM in response to JBlackmon1634

My iphone 7 keeps dropping out of calls mid conversation... This has only happened since updating to IOS 11 and I suspect it is happening only when someone on another iphone calls me although this may not be the case.

In addition, the battery life since IOS 11 is now shockingly crap and ONLY when I am talking to someone else on an iphone the the speech can become distorted like it is being impacted on by (for example) an electric current.. I cannot think of a better way to describe it.

I am starting to lose faith in my Apple products!

Is anyone else having these issues

Nov 21, 2017 4:48 PM in response to ahshwebah

The generic Apple repsonse is to point fingers at the cellular provider. Yet so many people with different providers are experiencing the same issue. Can you explain why/how the SIM card could be leading this to happen? What about the issues having an onset after software updates? How could that be related to the network provider? I’ll tell you one thing forsure—if I take the time to go to an Apple support bar, and I’m turned away with blame to my network provider, i will switch brands to Samsung and never look back.

iPhone 7 Call Quality/ Dropping calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.