Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem logging in to directv on apple tv

I can not log-in to my Directv account on Apple TV (3rd gen) - get invalid login message. I checked both user ID and password a few times, and it is correct - I can log-in from any other Apple devide, except for Apple TV

Apple TV (3rd generation), iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Jul 13, 2017 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2017 9:23 PM

I just encountered this problem with my Apple TV (4th generation). After setting up a new account with DIRECTV, I was having trouble signing into many apps. I noticed was that the single sign-on in my settings did not seem to work with DIRECTV. This also did not work when I tried to sign-in through my provider through certain apps. The way I fixed this was to sign-in NOT ON MY APPLE TV but on my computer, tablet or phone. First, I had to go to my settings on my Apple TV and go to apps; then, click each individual app and select NEVER for the TV provider option. After that, I was able to sign-in on each app (unfortunately only 1 at a time) by going to each specific website the app provides to enter in the activation code. After you enter in the activation code, you will get redirected to sign-in with your cable provider, and then you can use that app. It is very annoying to have to do this for all apps that give you this problem but at least it works.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2017 9:23 PM in response to alexaner

I just encountered this problem with my Apple TV (4th generation). After setting up a new account with DIRECTV, I was having trouble signing into many apps. I noticed was that the single sign-on in my settings did not seem to work with DIRECTV. This also did not work when I tried to sign-in through my provider through certain apps. The way I fixed this was to sign-in NOT ON MY APPLE TV but on my computer, tablet or phone. First, I had to go to my settings on my Apple TV and go to apps; then, click each individual app and select NEVER for the TV provider option. After that, I was able to sign-in on each app (unfortunately only 1 at a time) by going to each specific website the app provides to enter in the activation code. After you enter in the activation code, you will get redirected to sign-in with your cable provider, and then you can use that app. It is very annoying to have to do this for all apps that give you this problem but at least it works.

Problem logging in to directv on apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.