Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods syncing with the alarm clock

I just received my airpods for a trip and want to set an alarm without disturbing others. However, it appears that when the alarm goes off, it plays through the speakers of my phone as well as through the airpods. It synced properly, so the airpods nor the iPhone itself seems to be the problem. Is there a way for the alarm to go off through my airpods and not my iPhone? If there is a function on the iPhone that allows that, please let me know.

Posted on Jul 15, 2017 9:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2017 11:56 AM

Hi there, acheccone!

Thanks for reaching out via the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that when alarms play on your iPhone, the sound is heard both through your AirPods as well as on the iPhone itself. I'd be happy to help!

Per the support article How to set and manage alarms on your iPhone , the following is said about alarm sounds:

If you connect wired headphones, Bluetooth headphones, or speakers to your iPhone, alarm sound will play through the connected device. If you don’t hear the alarm sound while connected to these devices, disconnect from those devices and use the built-in speakers on your iPhone.

Given that, your AirPods should definitely be the only place you hear the alarms. Since you also hear them through the iPhone, I would recommend the following, testing after each step:

1. Restart your iPhone as instructed here: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Unpair, then repair, your AirPods. You can find out how to do that by going to Settings > Bluetooth, then tapping the User uploaded file next to your AirPods in the list of devices. Once the information panel loads, select "Forget This Device". Then, use the following article to set the AirPods up again: Use your AirPods.
If you continue to have trouble with your alarm sounds after those steps, don't hesitate to reply back. If you do, please include the iPhone model and iOS version you are using them with (example: iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 10.3.2).

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2017 11:56 AM in response to acheccone

Hi there, acheccone!

Thanks for reaching out via the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that when alarms play on your iPhone, the sound is heard both through your AirPods as well as on the iPhone itself. I'd be happy to help!

Per the support article How to set and manage alarms on your iPhone , the following is said about alarm sounds:

If you connect wired headphones, Bluetooth headphones, or speakers to your iPhone, alarm sound will play through the connected device. If you don’t hear the alarm sound while connected to these devices, disconnect from those devices and use the built-in speakers on your iPhone.

Given that, your AirPods should definitely be the only place you hear the alarms. Since you also hear them through the iPhone, I would recommend the following, testing after each step:

1. Restart your iPhone as instructed here: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Unpair, then repair, your AirPods. You can find out how to do that by going to Settings > Bluetooth, then tapping the User uploaded file next to your AirPods in the list of devices. Once the information panel loads, select "Forget This Device". Then, use the following article to set the AirPods up again: Use your AirPods.
If you continue to have trouble with your alarm sounds after those steps, don't hesitate to reply back. If you do, please include the iPhone model and iOS version you are using them with (example: iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 10.3.2).

Cheers!

Airpods syncing with the alarm clock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.