Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyway to automatically connect my Bluetooth sound bar when I turn on my Apple TV?

To connect my sound bar via Bluetooth it takes me 15 'key strokes' on the remote to navigate through settings and manually connect the already-paired soundbar. Is there a way to make it automatic? Or create a shortcut on the home screen?

Posted on Jul 16, 2017 2:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2017 3:32 AM

While this answer is helpful, it saddens me.

7 replies

Nov 3, 2017 10:22 PM in response to mcwacko

So I have the same problem, but I'm not turning off the apple TV. Every time I go to watch TV, I have to go into the settings and 'connect' the bluetooth soundbar before it will work. Not 'pair' it, its already paired, just connect it. Very annoying. I think the soundbar goes to sleep, and I can't disable that, but the apple TV is able to wake it when i click 'connect', so I don't know why the apple tv can't stay connected or at least reconnect automatically.

Jul 16, 2017 7:59 PM in response to vazandrew

It does not do that, and I don't use the sound bar for anything else. But.. I do have a power surge that makes the TV the master for the power to everything else (Apple TV and sound bar)... maybe there is something with that? Because the Apple TV is usually unpowered until I turn the tv on? (The sound bar would become powered at the same time as the Apple TV)

Is there anyway to automatically connect my Bluetooth sound bar when I turn on my Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.