Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Filter failed' on EPSON custom page print

I have an EPSON Workforce WF-7610 and MacBook Pro now updated to macOS Sierra 10.12.5 with EPSON Printer Software Update Version 3.3

I have regularly used Microsoft Word documents formatted for a custom page size. Since my printing system was automatically updated with EPSON Printer Software Update Version 3.3 downloaded from the App Store on Jul 7, 2017, I keep getting a "Stopped - 'Filter' failed" signal for the printing job. The job will print if I change the page setup to any other page size in the menu (A4, A3, etc.), but will not print my custom page size.

I have seen earlier posts on similar problems with other printers and tried proposed solutions as follows:

1) I have tried deleting the printer and adding it back

2) I have tried a complete printer reset using Reset Print System (including reformatting the custom page)

3) I have tried printing from a PDF, rather than Word

Still have the same problem!

It seems weird that only the custom page setting refuses to print. Any help would be appreciated

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on Jul 17, 2017 3:55 AM

There are no replies.

'Filter failed' on EPSON custom page print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.