Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 - 16 GB Storage almost full;

I have an iPhone 6 - iOS 10.2.1 - 16GB

The capacity in the *About* says that I have 11.92GB ; when I enter the Storage & iCloud Usage it always says that I have 0KB available , and it shows that I have used 11.71GB ...

The problem is that when I calculated the apps usage (5.37GB + 897.6MB + ... ) it seemed that my usage is actually 7.28GB only , which is logically the right capacity .

Is there any method I could free up some space ? or is this normal ?

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 17, 2017 4:26 AM

1 reply

Jul 17, 2017 5:03 PM in response to JadZock

Hello JadZock,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Community. I understand you’re experiencing a discrepancy in the amount of storage space remaining on your iPhone, and I have some information that may help.

In cases like this, it may be helpful to check your storage by plugging your phone into iTunes and viewing the summary page. At the bottom of the summary page you will see a color coded bar indicating what data is taking up space on your iPhone. If you see a larger than normal amount of “Other” data, I would recommend backing up and restoring your iPhone to remove any corrupted or duplicated data. Have a look at the articles below to learn how.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Once you’ve restored to factory settings, you can restore your data using the steps in this article.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

iPhone 6 - 16 GB Storage almost full;

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.