Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV stuck on could not sign in

I have an Apple TV 3.

After moving to 2-factor authentication (didn't want to, but had to because of the apps I run) my Apple TV has stopped responding. Here's what it does:

- after reboot (unplug and plug back in)

- it goes to the screen that says "Apple TV could not log in" etc etc

- problem is: no matter which ATV remote I use (I have two) the ATV does not respond to them. It just sits there at the "could not log in" screen.

- in other words I can't click "OK" to log out and back into my Apple ID with the password + authentication code.

I can't do anything. I can't get to the settings screen or anywhere else, I can't reset it. Tried unplugging and plugging back in over and over. that's not the answer.

Short of throwing it in the garbage what do I do.

PS - Apple, I used to be a big fan but nonsense like this has become all too commonplace.

Posted on Jul 17, 2017 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2017 8:35 AM

I don't think the 2 matters are related.

Your Apple TV may have become paired with another remote. Hold the remote close to and pointed at the Apple TV, hold down the menu and Rewind buttons together for 6 seconds or until you see a broken chain icon on screen.

2 replies

Apple TV stuck on could not sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.