Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i found a apple watch how can i pair it to my apple id

I found an apple watch i have no info on whos it is can i clear the watch and enter my id

Posted on Jul 18, 2017 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2017 12:09 AM

Hi

If Activation Lock is enabled, then you will not be able to use the Apple Watch.

I suggest that you hand it in to the police, locally to where you found it.

Activation Lock prevents unauthorised use of Apple Watch if it is lost or stolen.

To be able to pair the Apple Watch to your own iPhone, you would need the previous owner to either enter their Apple ID and password on your iPhone or to turn the feature off via https://www.icloud.com/.

You will not otherwise be able to use the watch. There is no way around this security feature.

Apple will not advise you of the previous owner's contact details, nor will Apple pass your details on to them.

More information:

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2017 12:09 AM in response to Poopdaddy

Hi

If Activation Lock is enabled, then you will not be able to use the Apple Watch.

I suggest that you hand it in to the police, locally to where you found it.

Activation Lock prevents unauthorised use of Apple Watch if it is lost or stolen.

To be able to pair the Apple Watch to your own iPhone, you would need the previous owner to either enter their Apple ID and password on your iPhone or to turn the feature off via https://www.icloud.com/.

You will not otherwise be able to use the watch. There is no way around this security feature.

Apple will not advise you of the previous owner's contact details, nor will Apple pass your details on to them.

More information:

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Jul 19, 2017 5:33 AM in response to PrezJay

PrezJay wrote:

Otherwise, no, you cannot pair an already paired Apple Watch to your Apple ID.

If the Apple Watch is paired, it cannot be unpaired unless the user of the watch manually unpaired it with his/her iPhone.

Interesting, I was not aware of this.

Very useful information here.

I just gave my son my S0/1gen watch.

Concern we had was what if he lost it or it got stolen at school.

Watch is paired to his iPhone and does have a pass code.

Thanks of the piece of mind!

Jul 18, 2017 8:57 PM in response to Poopdaddy

If you have found an Apple Watch, the politically correct thing to do is report it to your local police department. Otherwise, no, you cannot pair an already paired Apple Watch to your Apple ID. If the Apple Watch is unpaired, however, yes, you can pair it. Each Apple Watch has a unique serial number that will be linked to your iPhone. If the Apple Watch is paired, it cannot be unpaired unless the user of the watch manually unpaired it with his/her iPhone.

i found a apple watch how can i pair it to my apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.