Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reinstall the built-in Mail app to my iPhone?

I am suddenly unable to email my grocery list from the app Any List in order to print it. When I send it to my Gmail, the send do address is grayed out. The Any List manager emailed me to reinstall the built-in mail app but I am unable to find it in my list of apps with the cloud icon.

iPhone SE, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on Jul 19, 2017 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2017 6:22 AM

Which version of the iOS software are you running? In the current iOS 10.3.2 you can delete the mail app and reinstall it from the App Store. If you are not up to date in the software or running any beta (unreleased) versions of the software, i.e iOS 10.3.3 beta or iOS 11 beta, you may not be able to delete and reinstall the mail app. You can find out which iOS you're running by going to settings>general>about>version

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2017 6:22 AM in response to Mart90

Which version of the iOS software are you running? In the current iOS 10.3.2 you can delete the mail app and reinstall it from the App Store. If you are not up to date in the software or running any beta (unreleased) versions of the software, i.e iOS 10.3.3 beta or iOS 11 beta, you may not be able to delete and reinstall the mail app. You can find out which iOS you're running by going to settings>general>about>version

Jul 19, 2017 1:50 PM in response to jhill8

My husband finally arrived home with his iPhone 7 and I saw the built-in

Mail. It's called Apple iPhone Mail and had not been listed in my earlier

search. Once I downloaded it from iCloud I was able to send the AnyList to

my Gmail address. Thanks for all your help today.

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 3:43 PM Apple Support Communities Updates <

How can I reinstall the built-in Mail app to my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.