Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to fast-forward *really* fast?

We recently upgraded to a 4th gen Apple TV, which we love.

Last night we missed the post-ending-credits scene in a two-hour-long movie we'd rented from Apple, and did not manage to pause to go back before the movie ended and exited to another menu. So now we'd like to start the movie and fast-forward through it as quickly as possible to watch the scene at the very end.

If I click and hold the right side of the top button area on the remote controller, the screen shows a >> symbol and it moves through the movie more quickly. However, it will be *many* minutes to get through the entire two-hour movie at this rate.

I also found that if I repeatedly click the same area on the controller it will move forward 10 seconds at a time, but again this process will end up being too slow.

Is there another way to kick up the rate at which it fast-forwards?

Posted on Jul 19, 2017 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2017 8:56 AM

There are several ways to Rewind and Fast Forward content with the Apple TV Remote App:

• Use the 10-second Rewind and Fast-Forward buttons. (slow)
  • Tap and hold on the left/right side of the touchpad area on remote app. (medium)
  • Pause playback and drag your finger left/right over the touchpad area on remote app. (fast)

You can pause playback by using the play/pause button or by tapping the touchpad area on remote app.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2017 8:56 AM in response to FrankO23

There are several ways to Rewind and Fast Forward content with the Apple TV Remote App:

• Use the 10-second Rewind and Fast-Forward buttons. (slow)
  • Tap and hold on the left/right side of the touchpad area on remote app. (medium)
  • Pause playback and drag your finger left/right over the touchpad area on remote app. (fast)

You can pause playback by using the play/pause button or by tapping the touchpad area on remote app.

Is there a way to fast-forward *really* fast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.