Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay not showing all music

I just began using CarPlay in a new 2017 Chevy Volt with my iPhone 6 plugged in to the USB port. It seems I can only access Recently Added music or music downloaded to my phone, and not music I have on the cloud through iTunes Match, even though that music shows up on my phone. That is, unless the car is in park. Then all my music shows up on the CarPlay screen. The only way I can play (though not see listed) all the music from the cloud while driving is to hit the shuffle mode, then it will shuffle from my entire library. Any ideas how I can see and play all of music?

iPhone 6, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Jul 19, 2017 2:10 PM

4 replies

Aug 15, 2017 10:40 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I'm having this trouble too, but all my music is downloaded to my phone. And talking to a car manufacturer is worse then torture. I had to call Ford to ask questions on Sync 3 and the person had no idea what I was talking about. Tried chatting. Spent 20 minutes and got no where. This is an Apple issue (at least I think it is.) I miss the days before Apple Music when life was not so complicated.

CarPlay not showing all music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.