Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

play multiple bluetooth speakers iOS 10

I have been able to connect several bluetooth speakers to my iPhone 7+, but I would like to play music through 2 bluetooth speakers simultaneously.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Jul 22, 2017 9:39 AM

6 replies

Jan 4, 2018 11:53 PM in response to gersteas

I found an app that can do this using separate phones. Than you pair a speaker or headphone with each phone and everyone is listening to the same music! It’s called AmpMe. So cool. Downloaded it tonight, played around with it a bit cause there’s no instructions. But I had 2 phones, each paired with a speaker via Bluetooth playing the same music. You can have a dj.... it’s very cool. Lots of options. Public and private parties. It’s available for iPhone and Samsung. We used both.

Jan 5, 2018 12:46 AM in response to gersteas

I also just read that Bluetooth v5.0 will be able to pair to 2 separate audio Bluetooth devices (earphones or speakers etc) to 1 phone audio device or player. BUT, it’s not compatible with any Bluetooth 4.0 or earlier devices. Bluetooth 5.0 on your phone, only interacts with Bluetooth 5.0 devices, in that it’ll allow 2 different speakers to access music simultaneously as long as both the devices have Bluetooth v5 and up. iPhone 8,8plus and X come with Bluetooth 5.0. If you hook up a speaker from version 4.0, it’ll only allow one to be hooked up. If you hook up a speaker with v5.0, you’ll be able to pair another speaker that has v5.0 as well!

Kinda ***** that none of the old Bluetooth devices are compatible in the advanced workings, I guess it’s good that at least they still work in this capacity.

play multiple bluetooth speakers iOS 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.