You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete stored passwords?

I would like to delete stored passwords on my MAC Pro Computer. I have security concerns and do not want my grandchildren to access my bank account and other sensitive information. If I delete the passwords can I still access my information by typing in the proper logins and passwords?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), iOS 10.2.1, Model A1502

Posted on Jul 22, 2017 9:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2017 10:00 AM

Your passwords are stored in your Keychain. You can edit its contents via the Keychain Access utility.

Keychain for Mac: Keychain Access overview

Yes, you can disable Keychain, choose not to sync it to iCloud. You should also disable password storage in all the web browser you use. Afterwards, you'll have to enter your user names and passwords automatically.

Another option is to simply require a user password to access your computer user account. Other users can set up their own User Accounts or use the Guest Account.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 22, 2017 10:00 AM in response to Gramps80

Your passwords are stored in your Keychain. You can edit its contents via the Keychain Access utility.

Keychain for Mac: Keychain Access overview

Yes, you can disable Keychain, choose not to sync it to iCloud. You should also disable password storage in all the web browser you use. Afterwards, you'll have to enter your user names and passwords automatically.

Another option is to simply require a user password to access your computer user account. Other users can set up their own User Accounts or use the Guest Account.

Jul 22, 2017 11:22 AM in response to Gramps80

Each and Every User on your computer should have their own Account. Accounts on a Mac are not simply "profiles" -- they are completely separate and protected workspaces that have no access to other user Accounts.

You should also turn off Auto-login.

Then other Users can do what they want without sabotaging you. They can feel feel free to paint the background purple or whatever they choose, because they are only painting THEIR background purple, not yours. and you can keep using the password system you prefer, without fear.

Even a non-reader can be trained to choose their picture on the login screen and login to get to their games.

How do I delete stored passwords?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.