Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mobility Ware Jigsaw Puzzle

We have been scammed by Mobility Ware and their game Jigsaw Puzzle. Had to backup and restore my iPad thru my iMac because of a minor problem -using iTunes, worked well. Then had to re-download the games previously purchased from the App Store. The download of the Jigsaw Puzzle was incomplete so when using Jigsaw Puzzle we were forced to pay an additional $4.99 to get the game to work properly - to get rid of the ads and make the game work properly. While I am not upset over the measly $5, the scam is that the total price on the App Store should have included any necessary upgrades. I have sent "Feedback" to Apple telling them I expect them to fix this problem. Apple is a very good company and this problem is not indicative of their reputation.

iMac

Posted on Jul 23, 2017 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2017 11:13 AM

Thanks for your reply!! We purchased Jigsaw Puzzle a long time ago. I understand that the original owner (From Irvine, CA) sold to Mobility Ware recently (they are in San Diego). So I was just trying to reload the Jigsaw Puzzle from the App Store - one does not pay again to download something previously purchased. It was when the puzzle game was tried, that it was full of ads and the game did not perform as it used to. In order to correct the game one has to pay an additional fee to Mobility Ware to 'upgrade'. So the conclusion is that the new owner (Mobility) is just ripping off the end users. BTW I sent the same message that I posted on the community to Apple Feedback - so any new user of Jigsaw Puzzle should be made aware of the ripoff of more money. If this should be posted in reviews of the app, I'm not sure how to do that?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2017 11:13 AM in response to Diana.McCall

Thanks for your reply!! We purchased Jigsaw Puzzle a long time ago. I understand that the original owner (From Irvine, CA) sold to Mobility Ware recently (they are in San Diego). So I was just trying to reload the Jigsaw Puzzle from the App Store - one does not pay again to download something previously purchased. It was when the puzzle game was tried, that it was full of ads and the game did not perform as it used to. In order to correct the game one has to pay an additional fee to Mobility Ware to 'upgrade'. So the conclusion is that the new owner (Mobility) is just ripping off the end users. BTW I sent the same message that I posted on the community to Apple Feedback - so any new user of Jigsaw Puzzle should be made aware of the ripoff of more money. If this should be posted in reviews of the app, I'm not sure how to do that?

Jul 23, 2017 11:25 AM in response to Ronald Belair

The app store is just a store and the in-app purchases are clearly identified. There are a lot of apps which require you to pay for additional "features" - that is how it works: you get a bare bones app for free and then you have to pay for "features". Anyone checking the app in the app store can see the cost of in-app purchases. And, Apple has nothing to do with them - it is not their product; they are just providing a place to sell apps. And, it is very difficult to try to avoid ads - I have a couple of free apps which drive me crazy; but, if I want to play it for free, ads is what I have to put up with.

Mobility Ware Jigsaw Puzzle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.