Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to turn off the yellow help tags in logic pro x 10.3.2

I'm unable to turn off the yellow help tags in logic pro x 10.3.2. I just upgraded from 10.06.

Things I've tried:

1. I've ticked and unticked the box in preferences/Display/Show Help Tags several times.

2. I've rebooted Logic.

3. I've rebooted the computer.

Unfortunately, the yellow help tags still appear with every move of the mouse.

Help please.

Logic Pro X, macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on Jul 26, 2017 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2017 9:24 PM

I think there is some confusion due to the complexity of the Help stuff in Logic.

You have to differentiate the following "levels" of Help

Help Tags

The term "Help Tags" is used for a specific type of window called a "Popover", these are the black windows that have a little arrow, the "Anchor" pointing at the object they providing information for.

These Help Tags can be disabled in the Preferences

User uploaded file

Tooltips

The Tooltips were originally little yellow tags, that are now gray that pop up when you move the cursor over an object or area on the window. THey provide short info about that item or area. Recently, these Tooltips also list Key Commands.

Usually, these Tooltips were always on, but in a recent Logic update, they are also disabled with the same Preferences checkbox for the Help Tags.

User uploaded file

Quick Help

Quick Help is another "online" help feature, that you toggle with the QuestionMark Button in the Toolbar or from the Help Menu. This information was displayed at the top of the Main Inspector or could be torn off as a floating window.

Now in 10.3.2, has a new command "Quick Help Follows Pointer" in the Help Menu that displays the QuickHelp info as a yellow Popover that follows your mouse cursor. THis is very cool for learning the components (especially complex Instrument Plugins), but it can be annoying during regular operation.

User uploaded file

Make sure to disable that feature "QuickHelp Follows Pointer" in the Help Menu or disable the QuickHelp all together that should take care of your "problem".

User uploaded file

There are even two more levels of online help: Help Window and Smart Help, that's where the real fun starts. I explain all those details in the workflow chapter of my book "Logic Pro X - The Details".

Hope that helps,

EdgarRothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2017 9:24 PM in response to mcwheel

I think there is some confusion due to the complexity of the Help stuff in Logic.

You have to differentiate the following "levels" of Help

Help Tags

The term "Help Tags" is used for a specific type of window called a "Popover", these are the black windows that have a little arrow, the "Anchor" pointing at the object they providing information for.

These Help Tags can be disabled in the Preferences

User uploaded file

Tooltips

The Tooltips were originally little yellow tags, that are now gray that pop up when you move the cursor over an object or area on the window. THey provide short info about that item or area. Recently, these Tooltips also list Key Commands.

Usually, these Tooltips were always on, but in a recent Logic update, they are also disabled with the same Preferences checkbox for the Help Tags.

User uploaded file

Quick Help

Quick Help is another "online" help feature, that you toggle with the QuestionMark Button in the Toolbar or from the Help Menu. This information was displayed at the top of the Main Inspector or could be torn off as a floating window.

Now in 10.3.2, has a new command "Quick Help Follows Pointer" in the Help Menu that displays the QuickHelp info as a yellow Popover that follows your mouse cursor. THis is very cool for learning the components (especially complex Instrument Plugins), but it can be annoying during regular operation.

User uploaded file

Make sure to disable that feature "QuickHelp Follows Pointer" in the Help Menu or disable the QuickHelp all together that should take care of your "problem".

User uploaded file

There are even two more levels of online help: Help Window and Smart Help, that's where the real fun starts. I explain all those details in the workflow chapter of my book "Logic Pro X - The Details".

Hope that helps,

EdgarRothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Unable to turn off the yellow help tags in logic pro x 10.3.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.