Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone keeps saying "sign in required" when i try to download an app

I have an iPhone 6s and I am trying to download an app on the app store but whenever i click install it says "sign in required" so i type in my password and then it disappears and then pops up again. It's not my storage because i still have around 30 gb left. I've searched for a solution for hours and none of the solutions are working, and i don't want to sign out of my apple ID in fear of losing my photos. I've attempted solving it by:

1. restarting my phone by holding the home and lock button down

2. signing out of the app store and then signing back in

3. signing out restarting my phone and signing back in to the app store

4. resetting my network settings

I haven't found any other solutions online just the same ones on different sites. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.3.3, null

Posted on Jul 27, 2017 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2017 1:21 AM

<<i don't want to sign out of my apple ID in fear of losing my photos.

>>

At the top of the iPhone settings, 1) click your name, 2) select iCloud, 3) select iCloud again where you see the ba rgraph, 4) select Manage Storage, 5) select This iphone, 6) ensure photo library is on ocean the picture below, 7) return to step 3 above and select iCloud Backup, 8) turn iCloud Backop on, then 9) select Back Up Now.

All your photos will saved as part of future backups and you can then sign out of your Apple account and back in to troubleshoot the problem. If it isn't fixed, reset the phone, then restore from the backup as follows:

Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Content Ann Settings

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2017 1:21 AM in response to coldplaychristy

<<i don't want to sign out of my apple ID in fear of losing my photos.

>>

At the top of the iPhone settings, 1) click your name, 2) select iCloud, 3) select iCloud again where you see the ba rgraph, 4) select Manage Storage, 5) select This iphone, 6) ensure photo library is on ocean the picture below, 7) return to step 3 above and select iCloud Backup, 8) turn iCloud Backop on, then 9) select Back Up Now.

All your photos will saved as part of future backups and you can then sign out of your Apple account and back in to troubleshoot the problem. If it isn't fixed, reset the phone, then restore from the backup as follows:

Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Content Ann Settings

User uploaded file

my iphone keeps saying "sign in required" when i try to download an app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.