Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't access my iPhone's internal storage?

So when I go to plug up my iPhone into my Windows computer, I can see my iPhone's storage icon appear. But, when I click the icon, it says the folder is empty. I have rebooted the iPhone and the computer with no luck. I've also tried unlocking my iPhone and tapping "trust this computer" and it did nothing. Plugging my iPhone only charges it.

iPhone 5s IOS 10.3.3

Windows 10 Home Version 1703

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Jul 27, 2017 4:27 PM

6 replies

Jul 28, 2017 8:46 AM in response to Community User

Have you tried an iMac? You can get one used if you haven't and don't want to "get too far in".

iMac now has Siri and automatically accesses iCloud things (including the iPhone's things). once you try this my feeling is you'll forget all about the idea of putting files on windows 10.

on the other hand if your trying to use iPhone as a memory stick my advice is don't: just buy a small memory stick

you can use iCloud to store files from iPhone or iMac. i'm unsure if Windows 10 can access iCloud - have to ask someone else.

I can't access my iPhone's internal storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.