Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i remove the client remote desktop app?

can you please tell me, because I am Sure that there are vulnerabilities in it.

null-OTHER, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), MAC address clone

Posted on Jul 27, 2017 3:53 PM

5 replies

Jul 31, 2017 2:03 PM in response to abramroberthollon

The Screen Sharing software is part of macOS, and made available for Finder, Apple Remote Desktop, and other tools.

I wouldn't recommend deleting random parts of macOS. That doesn't always end well, and — if the deletion doesn't cause problems — it's an ongoing effort to keep the client deleted.

If you really want to and are willing to accept that there might be problems, then here are some instructions. Have a backup. There are also instructions in that thread around disabling the Screen Sharing client in the local system settings and at the firewall, and which I would recommend to folks that aren't using the tool and that are concerned about security.)

The vulnerabilities I'm aware of that involve remote screen sharing — and these aren't unique to screen sharing — are due to having the service enabled and remote network access allowed, and either providing a user and password to the remote user for whatever reason, or having a user and password that the remote attackers can guess.

Jul 27, 2017 4:54 PM in response to Kappy

I am not using it, but it is a vulnerability. Please correct this in your next release, and Please do not tell me what to do. I consider your reply rude. I can do a better job than you can on this forum. There is a problem with the software. Like I stated earlier: What if someone uses a clone. Please patch this immediately, do you want me to write the patch for you?

Jul 31, 2017 10:02 AM in response to abramroberthollon

This is a user-to-user forum, where we might occasionally see Apple employees because they are also users, but otherwise no one at Apple will read your posting. And stedman1 already gave the link to communicate with Apple.

If you wish to confirm that ARD is turned off, go to System Preferences -> Sharing and confirm that the box next to "Remote Management" does not have a check mark next to it. You might also want to turn off Remote Login (aka ssh).

how do i remove the client remote desktop app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.