Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random Grey Lines on Screen

My iPad mini 2 has been misbehaving lately, it randomly displays horizontal lines. Like so when I activate it or when a notification appears on the screen. This error or malfunction is not permenant, it is temporary, and gets fixed with turning off/on screen with top button or laying it face first on a soft chair/bed and mildly tapping it on its back. It occasionally returns at random intervals and times.User uploaded file

I did some research on the internet, and it revealed that the iPad is having a hardware issue, with 3 possibilities.

1) The connector cable of screen to mainboard has become loose.

2) The screen is dying.

3) The GPU is dying (but in researched cases the iPad was over heating, mine is not over heating, and remains at it's standard temprature)

Will this get worse, how long will this hold up for ? Should I get a new iPad soon or later when iOS 11 come out ? Is it serious or just remain an annoyance

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4.1, iPad Mini 2

Posted on Jul 27, 2017 8:33 PM

5 replies

Jul 27, 2017 10:48 PM in response to Zanaelf

I don't have a crystal ball to answer your first two questions.

Getting another iPad depends on how much you rely on it, if it dies suddenly, with that impact your workflow, or can you make do without it until you get a replacement.

Looks like just an annoyance for now.

Apple just announced the new iPads for this year, so doubt they'll announce a new iPad Mini in the fall.

You can check the Mac Rumors buyer's guide for iPad Mini: https://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iPad_Mini

Random Grey Lines on Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.