Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What exactly is 'accidental damage' for Apple's one year Warranty?

My Beats headphones have begun to short out in one ear; While it is entirely possible that is my own fault, no fall/water damage/etc... preceded the first instance of audio cutting out, and it has been well cared for, with no events coming to my mind of it being mishandled. Would this be covered by apple warranty, or does the fact that it's been working for around ~2 months make Apple believe its not a manufacturing defect?

null-OTHER, Beats Headphones

Posted on Jul 28, 2017 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2017 4:38 PM

Here is the Beats warranty:

Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty – Accessory - For Apple and Beats Branded Products Only.

Quite specific as to what is not covered:

This warranty excludes normal depletion of consumable parts such as batteries unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship and, damage resulting from abuse, accident, modifications, unauthorized repairs or other causes that are not defects in materials and workmanship.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2017 4:38 PM in response to Mlkshke4

Here is the Beats warranty:

Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty – Accessory - For Apple and Beats Branded Products Only.

Quite specific as to what is not covered:

This warranty excludes normal depletion of consumable parts such as batteries unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship and, damage resulting from abuse, accident, modifications, unauthorized repairs or other causes that are not defects in materials and workmanship.

What exactly is 'accidental damage' for Apple's one year Warranty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.