Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cleaning Lightning Port

My iPhone 6 lightning cable doesn't "click" into place when connected and only charges in certain positions. I can see lint and debris in the lightning port. How can I safely remove the debris and clean my lightning port?

Posted on Jul 29, 2017 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2017 8:10 PM

So I just tried with a tooth pick. And not much debris has come out. How much force should I be using? It's almost like the lint in the back of my lightning port has hardened over time. Thank you for the swift reply.

5 replies

Jul 29, 2017 8:14 PM in response to Truss204

yeah, each time you plug in the lightning cable, it compresses the dirt dust lint and debris to the bottom of the connector. Just keep digging away until you manage to dislodge it.

Otherwise, you can take it to an Apple store they cleaned it for me for free and it worked perfect after that.

Since then I use the case above, don't have that issue anymore.

Cleaning Lightning Port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.