Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro doc and screen flicker

User uploaded fileI recently bought a new MacBook Pro from Apple. It is less than 2 months old. It is the old version without the touchbar.

I have just returned to my hotel to find that the dock is flickering so badly that I can't use it at the bottom of the screen but have had to move it to the side where I can access it. Currently, where the dock should be is an intermittent flickering of the menu bar about 1 inch deep.

To compound the problem the right hand side of the screen is covered with vertical lines to the depth of about 1 inch in thereby obscuring all the icons on the right.

I tried to take a screen shot and a Quicktime movie grab but it doesn't show up on those. So I videoed the screen with the phone and took a screen shot with the phone. This page won't allow me to up load the video :-(

I have reset the PRAM as suggested in one A. Nothing. A second article seems to imply it's the video card and that Apple know of this issue? One doesn't expect these issues on a $2000 computer

As I'm currently in India writing a travel blog this couldn't have come at a more inconvenient time. If anyone has a fix for this issue without resorting to an Apple Store it would be most appreciated as I have no documentation with me.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), macOS Sierra (10.12.5), spanish keyboard

Posted on Jul 29, 2017 9:52 PM

3 replies

Jul 29, 2017 9:57 PM in response to s-car-go

Continuing story.

I took the MacBook to an authorised Apple Repair Centre here in Delhi. They claim that the screen is cracked, and in all honesty, when pointed out, I can see it is. (See the photos.)

They claim it is a pressure crack.

I had this Mac shipped by Apple. It arrived at my place where it was put on a desk until the day I left for India when it was placed in a good solid laptop case with reinforced sides.

I carried the laptop onto the plane and stowed it under the seat thinking that it would be safer there than in the luggage bins above.

I then carried the Mac to the hotel where I put it on a table. It hasn’t moved since (except yesterday 29 July 2017).

I would like to point out that the pressure crack is NOT in the glass, it is underneath in the screen. The glass is undamaged as is the rest of the computer as you can see by the details in the photo.

My contention is that the screen was never seated properly at manufacture (as happens with many mobile telephone screens) and that the slight movement this computer has had has caused this pressure crack.

This computer is a laptop, it is designed to be portable. Indeed in spanish they are called PORTÁTILES.

The service centre claim that I will have to pay for a new screen. A whopping 70,000/- INR (or £830, €928, $1091).

To my way of thinking this is Apple trying to weasel out of its contractual obligations by blaming me and not repairing a faulty, substandard machine.

One does not expect to minutely examine every square inch of a brand new machine on delivery.But I suggest that for those of you buying any Apple Mac product, you do so! I have a feeling that legal advice will need to be sought.

User uploaded file

macbook pro doc and screen flicker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.