Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad pro 10.5 stopped charging

Brand new T-Mobile ipad pro 10.5 iOS 10.3.3. Has suddenly stopped charging after a little over one month use. Tried resetting, changing power cables, chargers and wall outlets, disconnecting keyboard, switching off wfi and cellular - no success.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Jul 30, 2017 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2017 3:34 AM

Sounds like all you have left to do is get it serviced. Just read over this article first: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

Final Step: If your device still won’t power on or charge, take your device, charging cable, and charging adapter to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for evaluation. You can also contact Apple Support.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2017 3:34 AM in response to Piedade63

Sounds like all you have left to do is get it serviced. Just read over this article first: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

Final Step: If your device still won’t power on or charge, take your device, charging cable, and charging adapter to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for evaluation. You can also contact Apple Support.

Aug 15, 2017 7:01 AM in response to Piedade63

Identical problem here -- updated iPad Pro 10.5 to IOS 10.3.3 a couple of days ago and since then the iPad randomly stops charging. I'm using genuine Apple charging equipment/cables. Called Apple support yesterday and they think it's a software problem...they suggested I do a complete restore but thought I'd start with a simple hard-reset...(simultaneously hold down the on/off and HOME button until the apple logo appears. This appears to have worked. If not, I'll report back.

Nov 13, 2017 1:11 PM in response to fouracres

My iPad 10.5 has been fine until after update 11.1.1. Not sure if it’s a coincidence or a manufacturing issue. When I plug it in the lightning bolt appears. I leave it overnight and in the morning it hasn’t charged. It’s random so far. Why? yes all genuine apple paraphernalia. Also, when I press the home button sometimes I see a ghosting on the screen in a crescent shape in the same ares as the button, directly adjacent to it. Anyone else see that?

Feb 15, 2018 5:15 PM in response to ahwman

I just got a brand new iPad Pro 10.5. I connected it to its original charger but used a different cable, supposedly an original 2 meter Apple cable, but it wouldn’t charge above 85%. Tried resetting the device and nothing happened. I switched cables for a shorter one, and it just started charging normally. It just got past 86% as I type this (was 80%), and it seems like the charging speed has improved too. Not sure what happened, but just letting you guys know. Maybe someone can figure something out. Peace.

ipad pro 10.5 stopped charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.