Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I export activity data?

I want to find a way to manage the activity data I generate. Is there any way to export data to a csv file so I can import it into excel? Is there any process to expose and import the data?

Posted on Jul 31, 2017 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2017 12:30 PM

Hi

Health data (including Activity app data) can be exported from the Health app on your iPhone in the form of XML files, which are perhaps most useful when importing and exporting data between apps (a health record received as an XML file can be imported into the Health app, for example).

You may find it more convenient to use a third-party app to access, analyse and export Health data to a computer in a more user-friendly format.

For example:

QS Access

SpectaRun Workouts

Check the descriptions and support resources for third-party apps for details of any supported data import / export and analysis features.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2017 12:30 PM in response to jerelo

Hi

Health data (including Activity app data) can be exported from the Health app on your iPhone in the form of XML files, which are perhaps most useful when importing and exporting data between apps (a health record received as an XML file can be imported into the Health app, for example).

You may find it more convenient to use a third-party app to access, analyse and export Health data to a computer in a more user-friendly format.

For example:

QS Access

SpectaRun Workouts

Check the descriptions and support resources for third-party apps for details of any supported data import / export and analysis features.

Aug 3, 2017 3:15 PM in response to Jonathan UK

It great that export possibility is available, but how about import?

When a user restore his/her iPhone, and want to start up with a fresh iPhone, all activity data is lost and can't be restored IF not restore from a backup with the iPhone.

It would have been great if the activity data can be synced with the iCloud as i.e. contacts, but also merged if you have more than one health source. Happens if you do a restore from a backup and re-pairing the Apple Watch.

In deed, there is great potential here to improve the way the activity data is handled/synced/backup.

Aug 3, 2017 4:51 PM in response to Jonathan UK

I used the link to export the data, which is in a zip format. After unarchiving I have two files export.xml and export_cda.xml

Now I tried to look at the data but I can't open it on the iPhone using chrome, numbers or excel. Do you know an app that allows me to import and manipulate the data, or is there a special way to import it into excel?

Can I export activity data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.