Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i unlock un icloud locked phone

I am looking at buying an iCloud locked phone from a pawn shop how can I get it unlocked so it's usable

Posted on Aug 1, 2017 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2017 4:23 PM

You can't.

Activation Lock is a security measure to prevent unauthorized use in the event that the device is lost or stolen. If you were able to bypass it somehow, it would defeat the purpose of the feature.

To remove Activation Lock, the original owner (the person who enabled Find My iPhone) needs to remove the device from their account, either directly on the device or from iCloud.com. If you can't speak to the original owner and ask them to do this, the phone is an expensive paperweight.

I suggest you only buy an iPhone from an authorized reseller, if not Apple directly.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2017 4:23 PM in response to Isaac1699

You can't.

Activation Lock is a security measure to prevent unauthorized use in the event that the device is lost or stolen. If you were able to bypass it somehow, it would defeat the purpose of the feature.

To remove Activation Lock, the original owner (the person who enabled Find My iPhone) needs to remove the device from their account, either directly on the device or from iCloud.com. If you can't speak to the original owner and ask them to do this, the phone is an expensive paperweight.

I suggest you only buy an iPhone from an authorized reseller, if not Apple directly.

Nov 6, 2017 2:20 PM in response to Isaac1699

Look at "youtube.com" or google. There are companies advertising they will reset the iCloud . I saw one recently for $30. My family has many, many Apple devices and has for many years. My one complaint is losing the use of a product because the apple police kills the device. DIY you tube videos do not have great reviews on this issue. I found an Apple device on the golf course in the snow bank and Apple policy would not reveal the owner, went to Police and desk Sargent told me it was not reported lost so keep it otherwise an officer would take it home with him. So here we are.

how do i unlock un icloud locked phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.