Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How will a Family Apple Music plan affect my personal iTunes Library?

I'm looking to integrate the Family Apple Music Plan, but I'm concerned with how it will affect my iTunes Library. I have songs in my library that I don't want to be in my sister's iTunes library. I also have songs that are not from Apple Music in my library that I don't want to lose.

Do we get to keep separate iTunes libraries?

Do all libraries merge?

If I add a song, will all the devices on the family plan also add the song to their libraries?

Do all the iCloud accounts merge all files (Music, photos, apps, etc.)?

I have to keep my own things private from my family, would a family plan negate that?

Posted on Aug 1, 2017 9:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2017 11:11 PM

Do all libraries merge?

If I add a song, will all the devices on the family plan also add the song to their libraries?

I have to keep my own things private from my family, would a family plan negate that?

No to each pf these.

Each unique Apple ID has its own library of music. You can share playlists and such.

Apple Music's use of iCloud is not tied to other iCloud sevfcies. It is separate space.

Simply put, Apple Music for Family lowers your cost for a subscription but does not impose itself on family members in any other way.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2017 11:11 PM in response to Camaj

Do all libraries merge?

No to each pf these.

Each unique Apple ID has its own library of music. You can share playlists and such.

Apple Music's use of iCloud is not tied to other iCloud sevfcies. It is separate space.

Simply put, Apple Music for Family lowers your cost for a subscription but does not impose itself on family members in any other way.

How will a Family Apple Music plan affect my personal iTunes Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.