Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs on on my iPhone repeat all the time! No shuffle option or playing song after song through the playlist possible! How to fix it?

The music player on my iPhone 7 Plus do not shuffle or play all songs in my playlist one after another. Instead, it's always stuck on the current song playing repeating it all over again till I manually hit the button to play the next song. And the "repeat" or "shuffle" buttons are nowhere to be found. There is only "shuffle all" field that not really working. I couldn't find anything on this issue online. Dose anyone of you know how to fix it? Thanks upfront for your support! Anni

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Aug 2, 2017 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2017 12:31 PM

Hi bbionda ,

I understand that when listening to music on your iPhone, it repeats the same song instead of going through the remaining songs in your playlist. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

Check out the steps here to find the controls to disable repeat:

Play, repeat, and shuffle music - Apple Support

User uploaded file

On your iPhone, iPod touch, or Android phone: Tap or swipe up on the player to open the Now Playing screen.

Tap User uploaded file at the top of the screen or swipe down to close Now Playing. You might not see the User uploaded file on an Android phone.

Repeat songs

Tap User uploaded file once to turn on repeat for an entire playlist or album. Tap User uploaded file again to turn on repeat for one song. Tap User uploaded file a third time to clear the repeat.

When repeat is on, you'll see User uploaded file or User uploaded file.
User uploaded file

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2017 12:31 PM in response to bbionda

Hi bbionda ,

I understand that when listening to music on your iPhone, it repeats the same song instead of going through the remaining songs in your playlist. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

Check out the steps here to find the controls to disable repeat:

Play, repeat, and shuffle music - Apple Support

User uploaded file

On your iPhone, iPod touch, or Android phone: Tap or swipe up on the player to open the Now Playing screen.

Tap User uploaded file at the top of the screen or swipe down to close Now Playing. You might not see the User uploaded file on an Android phone.

Repeat songs

Tap User uploaded file once to turn on repeat for an entire playlist or album. Tap User uploaded file again to turn on repeat for one song. Tap User uploaded file a third time to clear the repeat.

When repeat is on, you'll see User uploaded file or User uploaded file.
User uploaded file

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Songs on on my iPhone repeat all the time! No shuffle option or playing song after song through the playlist possible! How to fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.