Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot connect to wifi with security recommendation

I have an iPhone 7 with iOS 10.3.3. I am unable to connect to my employer's open wifi network. I was able to connect to the network in the past. My phone would connect to wifi, I would see "security recommendation", then a security screen would pop up where I had to check the "agreement" box. Now when I connect to the wifi, I see "security recommendation" but that is all. The pop up window does not show up anymore.

I have reset my network settings, restarted my phone, clicked to "forget network", "renew lease". Nothing is working.

Let me state again that I was able to connect to the wifi in the past. Also, I am able to connect to my password protected wifi at home.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Aug 2, 2017 7:57 AM

10 replies

Aug 3, 2017 6:19 AM in response to TXfrank

TXfrank ,

Thanks for following up with that additional information. Make sure that Auto-Login is enabled for this network. To do this:
  1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
  2. Tap User uploaded file next to the network name.
  3. Make sure that Auto-Login is on.
You can find out more about these options for captive Wi-Fi networks here:

Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Once you've done this, go ahead and forget this network and reconnect to it. You can forget the network from the same screen that you enable Auto-Login.

Cheers!

Aug 3, 2017 5:44 AM in response to TXfrank

Hi TXfrank,

I understand that your iPhone is no longer able to connect to your employer's Wi-Fi. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

Check out the troubleshooting provided for this issue in the following article:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Sep 14, 2017 4:21 PM in response to justimoore22

Hi justimoore22. Since you're not the original poster, your problem may be different. Are you trying to connect to an employer network, or one at a hotel, store, or coffee shop?

You could try the following. Once you get to the popup without the needed accept button, tap the Home button, and try to open any site in Safari. I expect that will bring the accept screen again, but it may have the accept button. The WiFi connection code uses a mini browser, which may not be up on the latest HTML tricks.

Oct 12, 2017 6:13 AM in response to TXfrank

The same thing happened to me! I work in a school so I use the school's wifi. I don't have access to the wifi boxes. When I log into the guest wifi, it should ask for a security recommendation and I click the box to agree. But for the last month I hasn't been working. I went to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

This rebooted my phone and now it lets me on! Hope this helps someone!

Oct 12, 2017 6:15 AM in response to justimoore22

The same thing happened to me! I work in a school so I use the school's wifi. I don't have access to the wifi boxes. When I log into the guest wifi, it should ask for a security recommendation and I click the box to agree. But for the last month I hasn't been working. I went to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Hope this works for you!

cannot connect to wifi with security recommendation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.