Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie won't import iOS movie project

I export the video project from my iPhone via either airdrop, iCloud or iTunes export. I get a file on my desktop that is named "mymovie.imoviemobile" and when I try to import it I get an error:

"Error in iOS Project Import

Failed to import the selected iOS project file. Please try again"

And I've tried again. And again and again. Double clicking it the iOS movie file or importing it is the same error.

Gregor

Posted on Aug 2, 2017 2:44 PM

7 replies

Aug 3, 2017 4:20 PM in response to Gregor Halenda

At this point I would suspect the problem is with the IOS project file. I am not familiar with the IOS iMovie but you might export it again. Had you consolidated the project so all the media is available? How did you export it?Like this:

1. Do one of the following:
    • From the Video browser or Theater: Tap the video clip you want to share.
    • From the Projects browser: Tap the project you want to share.
    • If you’re editing a project: Tap Done (in the upper-left corner) to return to the project details screen.
  2. Tap the Share button User uploaded file, then tap the device you want to transfer to.If the other device doesn’t appear automatically, make sure AirDrop is turned on for both devices in Control Center on iOS or the Finder on a Mac.

iMovie won't import iOS movie project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.