Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login to local host / CUPS

Hi,

i would like to modify my Xerox printers setting over the CUPS interface on my new Macbook pro (1 week old), running Sierra 10.12.6.

I can open CUPS it in Safari, but when i try to save it asks me to "Log in to localhost:631". The popup demands a username and password, and i have no idea what to write in there, my normal login and pw does not work and i have not set up any other user.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thank you very much!

Astrid

P.S. I tried to select my new MacBook Pro (15 inch, 2017) to my account here, but it did not show up in the list.

macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Aug 4, 2017 2:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2017 2:45 AM

I would read xerox's manual and or site for what default user they use for their web server

2 replies

Login to local host / CUPS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.