Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

insect/bug crawling inside of MacBook pro touchbar screen

I purchased a MacBook pro 15 inch with touchbar at the end of last year have been speaking to apple genius bar and support all day and on the phone for 3 hours and no one is taking it seriously that the is some sort of creature/insect/bug inside of the screen moving around despite me showing multiple videos and them seeing it in person when I took it to my local store today. I feel that the product should be replaced completely following prior issues and as speaking to a genius it seems that it could have only got inside through production of the machine. Really disappointing that this issue is just being shrugged off with there being nothing in place for this type of thing. Repairing the computer and the checks previously done are not even highlighting the issues I've had

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2016), macOS Sierra (10.12.6), null

Posted on Aug 4, 2017 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2017 9:11 AM

The problem is the new MacBook pro screens are completely lamented and you are unable to get the glass layer off. I think the thing is a dust mite but the issue isn't that it will eventually die but that I was sold a product with this inside of it. They're replacing the screen completely but I just think that the amount of problems i've had with a brand new MacBook is awful. Never had any issues with previous devices. Very disappointed especially due to the price.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2017 9:11 AM in response to macjack

The problem is the new MacBook pro screens are completely lamented and you are unable to get the glass layer off. I think the thing is a dust mite but the issue isn't that it will eventually die but that I was sold a product with this inside of it. They're replacing the screen completely but I just think that the amount of problems i've had with a brand new MacBook is awful. Never had any issues with previous devices. Very disappointed especially due to the price.

insect/bug crawling inside of MacBook pro touchbar screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.