Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does it cost money to have apple disabled my iPhone 7

I have a brand new iphone 7 , out of excitement I put a password but forgot what the password was and now my iPhone is disabled I tried to connect to iTunes but the computer was using was not working towards it and I have no other computer to use so if I go to Apple will they charge me for them to disabled it for me.

Posted on Aug 4, 2017 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2017 12:36 PM

Have you tried any troubleshooting?

1. Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.
  2. Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds).
  3. Restore: Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory.

The local Apple store should be able to help you at no charge since it's still in warranty. You also get 90 days from date of purchase free telephone support.

Contacting Apple Customer and Support Service

1. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  2. To contact product and tech support: Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2017 12:36 PM in response to Angelicaxx

Have you tried any troubleshooting?

1. Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.
  2. Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds).
  3. Restore: Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory.

The local Apple store should be able to help you at no charge since it's still in warranty. You also get 90 days from date of purchase free telephone support.

Contacting Apple Customer and Support Service

1. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  2. To contact product and tech support: Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

Aug 5, 2017 12:36 PM in response to Angelicaxx

Hello,

Apple does not charge any money for software support. When you bring the phone to the Genius Bar, they will put your phone into recovery mode and restore the device to its factory settings. If you had an AppleID signed into it at the time, you will also need to put in your AppleID and password once the device turns back on in order to remove a feature called activation lock. If you do not remember your AppleID or password, I would recommend trying to reset it at "appleid.apple.com". If you cannot reset the password, you will have to present a proof of purchase in order to have a technician remove activation lock on your device.

I would recommend making an appointment online at "apple.com/support" or through the Apple Support app on another device that way you don't have to spend a long wait time waiting for a walk-in appointment.

does it cost money to have apple disabled my iPhone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.