Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud not working with new Windows 10

Just installed the new version of Windows 10, but now iCloud does not work anymore. I reinstalled it, but it does not show up in Outlook and my agenda and contacts are gone... Outlook says: 'can't open directories' (translation from Dutch).

Posted on Aug 5, 2017 12:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2017 9:15 AM

Thank you for getting back to us with that information, Caesia. We'd like for you to try the following steps.

1. Uninstall iCloud for Windows again and restart your PC.
  2. Download and reinstall the current version if iCloud for Windows and restart. Download iCloud for Windows
  3. Once your PC has returned to the desktop, open iCloud for Windows and uncheck contacts and calendars. If you're also syncing your email, uncheck that as well. Then apply the changes and restart your PC once more.
  4. When you've reached the desktop, open iCloud for Windows and check mail (if unchecked in the previous step), contacts and calendars.

Please let us know if your calendar and contacts begin syncing again when you're able.

Enjoy your day!

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 9, 2017 9:15 AM in response to Community User

Thank you for getting back to us with that information, Caesia. We'd like for you to try the following steps.

1. Uninstall iCloud for Windows again and restart your PC.
  2. Download and reinstall the current version if iCloud for Windows and restart. Download iCloud for Windows
  3. Once your PC has returned to the desktop, open iCloud for Windows and uncheck contacts and calendars. If you're also syncing your email, uncheck that as well. Then apply the changes and restart your PC once more.
  4. When you've reached the desktop, open iCloud for Windows and check mail (if unchecked in the previous step), contacts and calendars.

Please let us know if your calendar and contacts begin syncing again when you're able.

Enjoy your day!

Aug 5, 2017 3:39 PM in response to Community User

Hi, Caesia.

It appears that, after updating your PC to Windows 10, iCloud and Outlook are no longer working together. You're not seeing your calendar and your contacts aren't available. I'm happy to help.

Get help using Outlook with iCloud for Windows -- After checking the information under "Before you start:", follow the steps under "Calendar, Contacts and Reminders" for the troubleshooting steps you need.

Let me know how that goes and take care!

Aug 5, 2017 11:24 PM in response to sterling r

Thanks sterling r. Starting with Windows10 is not the issue. Everything worked well under Windows10, until I decided to install the so-called Makers Update of Windows10. Then Outlook says 'can't open directories' and my agenda was completely empty (nice in summertime, but not funny 😁). I re-installed iCloud, but it will not sync anymore.

Microsoft says it's a Apple problem, they turned mad when I insisted ...

Aug 9, 2017 10:30 AM in response to Leanne_68

Actually, there was also a huge problem with iTunes. So I went back to the old version of Windows10, which was working with both iCloud and iTunes flawless. The steps you mentioned are needed as well. I did that and in order to get it syncing again I had to do one more step, which is activating the iCloud in Outlook via the Options/... (my pc tells me in Dutch: Vertrouwenscentrum, Invoegtoepassingen... sorry I don't know how you guys call this 🙂) And now everything is working. Thanks for your help.

iCloud not working with new Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.