Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost space after removing Boot Camp partition

As several other people I lost my Boot Camp partition space after removing it.

I have tried looking at other examples of people with the same problem but I can't figure out how to implement the solutions on my own system.

It is a 1tb fusion drive.

Below you can find the list & cs list

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), null

Posted on Aug 5, 2017 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2017 9:31 PM

Your issue seems to the #2 scenario as described in Bootcamp Assistant and 'lost' disk space . In your case, you need to use disk1 because you have a Fusion drive. If you need detailed steps, please post back.

20 replies

Aug 5, 2017 9:31 PM in response to Runvast

The Start and Size values are unique in each case. Since your HDD (1TB disk) is where the issue is, if you post the output of

sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk1

I can point out the Start/Size values which you can use. The rest of the Gdisk sub-commands are identical, as is the repairDisk. On a Fusion drive, a repairDisk understands the Fusion drive and will repair both parts. To verify, yu can also post the output of

diskutil repairDisk disk0

In most cases, Disk Utility -> First Aid does the same.

Aug 5, 2017 7:55 AM in response to Runvast

Your Gdisk steps should be

sudo gdisk /dev/disk1

x (Expert menu)

l (set sector alignment using "L" to...)

1 (one sector)

m (Main menu)

n (New)

4 (GPT4)

940678096 (Start)

+1012847039 (Size, notice the "+" sign)

0700 (Microsoft Basic Data)

p (Print)

w (Write)

y (Confirm write)

q (Quit Gdisk, if necessary)

You need to run repairDisk and reboot to ensure that the on-disk and in-memory disk structures are in sync.

Lost space after removing Boot Camp partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.