Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pre-Sign for Delivery (Confusion)

Hello Out There . I need help

I recently made a new order online at Apple and set to ship at Apple Store in New York , my cousin is willing to pick my New Mac at the store because I'm out of the country . Today I received a message saying "Your shipment is on its way" followed by the option"Pre-Sign for Delivery" then I read that if I choose this the agreement says "I assume the risk of any loss, theft, or destruction, and release Apple and its carriers from all liability that may result from, leaving the package where I have indicated on the Shipment Release Authorization form". How can I do that who is going to be responsible in case the package will arrive damaged . In the other hand I think that if I do not choose to "Pre-Sign for Delivery" perhaps FedEx won't left the package at the store . I do not know what to do here . Does any body help me to understand the issue and tell me what to do . Thank You.

iMac, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 5, 2017 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2017 2:42 PM

That is an option you might use if you want the package left even though no one is avsilable to sign for it. It isn't necessary if it is being delivered to an Apple Store because someone is always present to sign for it.

3 replies

Aug 5, 2017 2:41 PM in response to JC_69

Th pre-signing is for a package that will be left at your home or your place of business when no one will be there to accept the package. In the case of a package left outside your home, say on a front porch or by a side entrance, you are accepting the risk of leaving the package unattended.

This does not apply for a shipment to an Apple retail location. What you need to worry about is setting it up with the Apple location to release the package to your cousin. If the cousin just walks in and says that they are there to pick up your package for you and you have not set this up beforehand, Apple will not release the package to the cousin.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.12.5;  Watch, watchOS 3.2.3; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 7+, iOS 10.3.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 10.2.2;  Airport Express

Pre-Sign for Delivery (Confusion)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.