Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i turn in broken earphones for new ones?

I am wondering if i can turn in my old Apple Earphones for new ones at an Apple store. In the past 3-4 years i have had about 3 different pairs each one breaking after a few months of use, and feel a little annoyed about throwing them out each time.

My father constantly upgraded so i got new earphones ever year from the free ones that come with a new phone. The earphones have only been through a few months of use but the purchase date of the phone was likely several years ago, however i do not have the proof of purchase/receipt. The purchase price of new earphones is pretty steep for my financial situation so i really hope that i can just trade in these old ones.

really like the design of them just hate how the wires tear it's self apart after just a few months.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

null-OTHER, Apple Earphones.

Posted on Aug 5, 2017 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2017 9:53 PM

No one can say definitively what the Apple Store will do, so I would recommend taking them in and seeing what they say. The headphones come with a 1 year warranty just like all other Apple products. On headphones, they typically take your word for it when it comes to when you purchased it as long as it doesn't sound like you are lying (from my experiences) so I wouldn't worry too much about a receipt. In your situation, its going to depend on if they consider that "damage" to be normal wear and tear or if they consider it a defect in manufacturing. In the end, make an appointment and go in to see what they say would be my best recommendation.

Apple - Find Locations - Country Selector

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2017 9:53 PM in response to GrayWolf448

No one can say definitively what the Apple Store will do, so I would recommend taking them in and seeing what they say. The headphones come with a 1 year warranty just like all other Apple products. On headphones, they typically take your word for it when it comes to when you purchased it as long as it doesn't sound like you are lying (from my experiences) so I wouldn't worry too much about a receipt. In your situation, its going to depend on if they consider that "damage" to be normal wear and tear or if they consider it a defect in manufacturing. In the end, make an appointment and go in to see what they say would be my best recommendation.

Apple - Find Locations - Country Selector

Can i turn in broken earphones for new ones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.