Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone charger exploded!

Hi

I just want to share that an original Apple charger also can fail.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I am lucky that the iPhone was not destroyed! And I was home when it happened!

What do think about that Apple?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Aug 6, 2017 3:02 AM

8 replies

Aug 6, 2017 3:45 AM in response to seventy one

There is a known problem with this particular charger, Model A1300, and Apple were running a replacement program for it as outlined in this page:

Apple 5W European USB Power Adapter Exchange Program - Apple Support

The page apparently dates from 2014 but as it's still up on Apple's site the replacement may still be available: you should contact them.

Aug 6, 2017 3:23 AM in response to seventy one

No warranty/Apple care anymore on these devices.

I tried to look for place under Apple.com where I could ask Apple the question, but I can only choose to send in for repair! I don't want to send in for repair, I want Apple's comment on this situation.....

I could also choose telephone contact option, but then I cannot show them the photos.

I think such situations must be told Apple, as they can be dangerous. If the fuse was not blown in the house, it could start an fire....

Aug 6, 2017 3:39 AM in response to Ken_DK

This may sound blunt but it is a fact. Out of warranty means just that.

All the same Apple are not disinterested, it's just that replacements are not made in these circumstances and they are not repairable so they cannot make that offer to you.

You may not be able to show the pictures via a phone contact but they 'may' ask you to send them somewhere. It is worth trying

iPhone charger exploded!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.