Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

shutdown from lock screen

is there a way to shutdown my Mac without logging in, when the computer screen is locked? when would I need this? when I'm in a hurry to shut the computer down - lightning; my wife or kids are logged in and I don't want to have to log in with my userid (wait for that to happen) then do a shutdown (again why? lightning, or just want to turn the Mac off)..

in windows (sorry for the bad word), when the screen is locked, I can shutdown or reboot the system whenever. I know I could ssh into the system to do this, but then I need another computer.

thanks

Posted on Aug 6, 2017 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2017 2:07 PM

ok. thanks. I was looking more for a graceful shutdown. windows (sorry that word again) has shutdown and reboot off a menu item even when screen is locked. that menu item does a graceful shutdown, but you can also do a hold power button and abnormally do a shutdown.

4 replies

shutdown from lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.