Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone disabled & itunes error 0xE8000015

So I've never synced my phone with itunes but I locked it (its a hand me down from my brother) and it says "iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes"

I installed itunes on a windows 10 laptop, connected my iphone but I get the error 0xE8000015

my computer knows its an iphone and everything is up to date

Does anyone know how I can unlock the phone/fix the error.

Note: the people at the phone store just said to connect it to itunes

iPhone 5, iOS 10.3.3, disabled iphone

Posted on Aug 6, 2017 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2017 8:24 AM

Same happened to me.

Whilst the iPhone 6 is plugged it to iTunes, press both the power button and the home button.

I then got a window come up on the pc saying “cannot connect to phone, do you want to restore?”

I clicked yes and bobs your uncle, it went back to factory settings.

13 replies

Nov 7, 2017 1:07 AM in response to momo0906

Iphone6 iOS 11.0.3 Phone disabled & itunes error 0xE8000015 after entering incorrect passcode too many times. Have connected to iTunes in recovery mode, downloaded 2.54GB OS which seemed to install ok on my device. Then comes up again 'iphone disabled' and iTunes with same error code. I know the password to the Apple account the phone is signed in with but there is nowhere to enter it. The phone is not signed into 'find my iphone' so cannot erase it remotely. Thi nk I need Apple Support assistance. HELP!

Dec 2, 2017 10:23 AM in response to ShotgunEmmet

So I've never synced my phone with itunes but I locked it (its a hand me down from my brother) and it says "iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes"

I installed itunes on a windows 10 laptop, connected my iphone but I get the error 0xE8000015

my computer knows its an iphone and everything is up to date

Does anyone know how I can unlock the phone/fix the error.

Note: the people at the phone store just said to connect it to itunes

Phone disabled & itunes error 0xE8000015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.